Trains and Railways in Picardy and Nord Pas-de-Calais
Route maps and booking information for the national rail service, regional trains and the urban train network: to help you find your way around Picardy and Nord Pas-de-Calais...
- SNCF is the national train service for France. The website allows for a route and timetable search and online booking.
- TER SNCF is the regional French rail system. The timetable can be browsed online. Tickets can also be booked online. Information booklets with train times and destinations for a local or longer trips are available at all stations and some tourist offices
- TGV is the fast train network in France. Bookings must be made in advance.
Local Picardy and Nord Pas-de-Calais Train Services
Locally within the region, trains are operated by TER SNCF. The website has searchable timetables and tickets can be booked online (usually at a discounted rate).
Ticket information is available at any train station or by telephone.
Many travel agents are also SNCF agents and are permitted to sell tickets for local, national and international travel.
The Boulogne Ville station in Boulogne-sur-Mer serves high-speed TGV trains while the Boulogne Tintelleries station serves local TER trains.
- For information from SNCF about the Boulogne Ville station: Click here (in French)
- For information from SNCF about the Boulogne Tintelleries station: Click here (in French)
The main train stations in Calais are the Calais Fréthun station and the Calais Ville station, with both serving local and TGV trains.
- For information from SNCF about the Calais Fréthun station: Click here (in French)
- For information from SNCF about the Calais Ville station: Click here (in French)
The main train stations in Lille are the Lille Flandres station and Lille Europe station. High-speed (TGV) train service is available from the Lille-Europe station, connecting Lille to Paris and beyond to the south, and to Belgium to the north. Eurostar international train service to and from the UK is also available to and from Lille Europe station.
- For information from SNCF about the Lille Europe station: Click here (in French)
- For information from SNCF about the Lille Flandres station: Click here (in French)
Amiens has two train stations: the Amiens station serves both local TER and high-speed TGV trains, while the Saint Roch station serves local traffic only.
- For information from SNCF about the Amiens station: Click here (in French)
- For information from SNCF about the St Roch station: Click here (in French)
The Beauvais station serves local train traffic and connects to Paris Gare du Nord as well as Amiens, Le Tréport and Creil.
- For information from SNCF about the Beauvais station: Click here (in French)
|SNCF||Enquiries Tel: 36 35
|TER SNCF (regional) - Nord Pas-de-Calais||Website|
|TER SNCF (regional) - Picardy||Website|
|TGV (high speed)||Website|
Rail strikes in Nord-Pas de Calais and Picardy
Real-time information on delays or cancellations is available at the station, online from the service, Infoligne or by telephone. When the train service is reduced due to strike action, schedules of trains running are usually posted on notice boards at stations.
Tel: 36 35
The TER-SNCF also offers a 24/7 service called TER Flash Trafic that alerts subscribers via e-mail or SMS to delays or cancellations. Subscription is free.
In the case of long-distance travel (more than 100 Km), if a main line SNCF train is delayed more than 30 minutes and the delay is caused by SNCF, compensation in the form of travel vouchers may be available.
With connectivity to a global network of over 6,600 HSBC offices in more than 80 countries and... Find out more...
Get free quotes from up to 6 removal companies and save up to 70%! Click here to get your quote. Find out more...